Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basalt Phenolic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsolo

Electrical
Feb 25, 2020
GT
I'm having a problem , I am used to working with Epoxy resins and have always found the manufactures of the resins to be extremely open and helpful with technical information. but now I am considering using Phenolic resins and I am having a rude awaking , basically I am being completely ignored , zero E-mails have been answered. I just want to make a rough estimate for a fire proof/low smoke insulated container made from Phenolic Basult and Glass foam the sides would be large infused panels and the edges would be pultrusions the corners would be welded fabrications the minimum glass foam thickness for insulation purposes would be 70mm but could be thicker for structural purposes. The problem is I cannot come up with even rough stress allowables and modulus guesses , I am fully aware that this needs coupon testing , but I just want to know what ball park I am playing in.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back