Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

basic concrete retaining wall program? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

designItAll

Structural
Jul 12, 2020
US
I’m looking for a basic retaining wall program similar to this post: thread770-193624
...but 13 years in the future. Has anyone found other solutions outside of retainpro or spreadsheets?

We are currently using retainwall.com but it looks like they are still working on saving and printing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used QuickRWall as recently as four years ago. It's a good program, though probably not much different than RetainPro. Before that, I set up a Mathcad worksheet, which was a lot more work.

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

The company I work for has been using QuickRWall by IES software for the past year.

It's a simple program to use and we have been happy with it.

They have several youtube videos:

I just wish you could batter the bottom half of the wall; and then have the topmost region 'non-battered'. Other than that, it is great.

I have tried making excel sheets over the years, but they always end up being too complex.

I forgot... to me, the biggest selling point on QuickRWall is that you can see the actual equations that the software is using. It provides reassurance that the calculations are correct, and allows easier back-checking of the design.

No it does not have AASHTO designs built in.

I think the only differences would be the load combos? And maybe AASHTO has different development length calcs.

The software will let you create your own custom load combos, so you can tweak that.

As for development lengths, I do not think the differences between ACI and AASHTO are that significant.

The 30-day trial is free, so give it a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back