Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic PDM for a temporary project in CATIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PioniSensei

Mechanical
Oct 23, 2013
NL
Good day all,

We are currently working on a project in Catia V5 for a client which needs a couple of complex machines to be delivered ASAP.
However we are facing a problem with our file management while using CATIA.
as an example: yesterday I opened and started editing a file. After a while my colleague opened the same file (in its original state) and also made some changes. I saved my version and exited.
Then when he wanted to save the file he got an error that someone else already saved the file and he should have been working on that version.

This creates a high possibility of failures in the designs, especially with the possibility of having 3 more engineers added to our project.

My question now is:
Is there a simple or free PDM/PLM system which we can use in the next 6 months. all the files will be moved to our client afterwards and we can just store the files locally after that period.
We do have a couple of Solidworks licenses but those are not professional or premium, so PDMworks is not possible.
our client uses smarteam which im looking into at the moment.

Do you have any suggestions? as cheap or free as possible without being cracked.
with kind regards,
Pioni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back