Batch No and Retail Price Printer attachment for an existing packing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

var10

Mechanical
Apr 4, 2013
IN
Hi

We have a very old packing machine (form filling machine) to fill 5gms sachets. We purchased this second hand. We need an attachment kind of a thing which can be welded or bolted on to the machine so when the 5gms sachets are packed and exit the machine I want another process where the batch number gets printed on the back of the sachets.

Basically we need the functions of the domino printer (google it)except that it can be attached on our machine. Something of the shelf and configurable.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Regards,

Varoon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Assuming the sachet stock is roll-fed, can the printer be mounted inline between the roll and the fill station? It seems to me that you should realize much better quality of print and less potential problems printing empty. If you must have off-the-shelf bracketry, have you seen the 80/20 framing products? Otherwise if you have an onsite shop even with minimal equipment it shouldn't be difficult to fabricate your mounts custom to the application at a fraction of the cost of something ready-made like 80/20.

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.

I agree - marking after filling will be much more difficult than when they are still controlled on the way in. This is typical for labels applied otherwise. Serial number plates are typically marked before being attached to the finished item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back