Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch Open Save Command File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

schurman

Civil/Environmental
Mar 22, 2004
I need help developing an open save command file for MicroStation. We have macros for that update our titleblock information via Excel everytime we open a sheet file. So when we update the spreadsheet each drawing needs to be opened (the macro will automatically run) and then saved for the titleblock to be updated.

In MicroStation under the Utilities pulldown menu there is a Batch Process command. With this command you can add the files that you want to perform a batch process with. In my case it would be the sheet files. But I'm having trouble developing the command file. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Rob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure exactly how to achieve what you want but when I use the batch processor, if I apply any commands to a series of selected files then ustn just opens and closes them automatically as it processes each file one at a time.
However you may find the following script useful

Fit view extended;filedesign; close design

the first part centres the design to the screen
the second part saves the settings and changes made
the last part saves thedgn and closes the file.

cad101,

Thanks for your help. The script you provided worked, but I modified the last command for my own preference. I also had to enable Automatically Save Design under the Workspace>Preferences>Operation menu.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back