Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Baur PhasenWinkel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinocu

Electrical
Mar 17, 2004
CA
Does anybody know where a guy could get parts for a Baur Phasing Scope meter, I mangaged to smash the bulb in mine today. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

This sounds like one of those big scopes with a movable cursor to measure firing angle in thyristor rectifiers. And read the angle either from screen or from the cursor dial. If that is so, I think that we are talking about a 20 - 30 years old instrument. Which will be very hard to find spare parts for.

I would instead buy a light little LCD scope and use the automatic (or manual) delta-T measurement. You will not get the angle in degrees but the relation between time and angle is simple and a litle table with about twenty entries will solve that problem.

Things to think about: Isolated channels, isolation voltage, mains triggering (not always available on portable scopes), automated measurements, memory, computer interface.

Even if my guess is off target, I think that an LCD scope would be the solution. CRTs for old scopes are hard to find today.

Gunnar Englund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back