Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beam Cross Section Stress Control not working with "Hole to hole fasteners"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srki1982

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2012
SE
Hello,

I have a problem with beam cross section stress control when selecting beam elements of created hole to hole fasteners. This had worked before, but for some reasons it is not working now. Is there any settings that must be ON in order to obtain stresses of beam elements. I probably made some incorrect selection in PostProcessing Data but I don't know what. In my model, I have beam elements, solid and shell elements so probably a correct selection in PostProcessing Data must be done but I don't know what. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanx in advance :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, so everybody else having this problem: It is a bug in the 11.0.1 version of FEMAP. Checking the beam cross section stress control in v.11.0 and v.11.1 works without this problem.

I just tried this in v11.0.1 and it works for me. The single requirement for View, Advanced Post, Beam Cross Section is that one has recovered the elemental forces from the finite element solve. If you'd like to send me your model where this is not working, I'd be glad to figure it out - sherman dot mark at siemens dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back