Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Beam End Forces Envelope

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8engr

Structural
Mar 2, 2001
US
I'm looking for a faster way to get the beam end forces envelope for memebers. Currently I go into report setup and under range I manually type in each beam number that I want an end force envelope for. Is there a way graphically you can do this.

I noticed beam end forces can be done in the graphical environment, but can envelopes be done that way?

Thanks for all the help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is. Select the beams graphically like you normally would when doing beam end forces. Right click and create a New View. Save this view by going to View | View Management | Save View. Now, go back into Report Setup and under the Ranges Tab, use the View option. Should work fine.

You can just go on Post Processing Mode, click on the Beam tab on the left margin and then click on the Envelope tab on top of the Table section to the right. It'll list and sort all members.

If you double-click on the top-left corner, it'll select everything. Then, you can right-click, Copy and then paste unto Excel and continue massaging your data every which way you want. This can also be done automatically and seamlessly under the Open STAAD protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back