Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Beginner with subroutines, getting the error "System cannot find file specified"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroDude345

Aerospace
Feb 10, 2013
US
I am new to both subroutines and FORTRAN. I have downloaded fortran 95 for windows and have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 on my computer. To begin learning, I tried using one of the example subroutine files in ABAQUS. In the command window, I typed;

abaqus fetch job=umatmst3*

The appropriate files were loaded into my folder, and then I typed:

abaqus job=ExampleJob user=umatmst3
Input file: umatmst3.inp

It seemed like the everything worked, then I clicked on the .log file and it clearly did not run at all, leaving the following message:

Abaqus JOB ExampleJob
Abaqus 6.12-1
Abaqus License Manager checked out the following licenses:
Abaqus/Standard checked out 5 tokens.
<1036 out of 1500 licenses remain available>.
Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
7/21/2013 11:23:57 PM
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Clearly I am doing something wrong. I am completely new to subroutines and fortran but I want/need to learn how to use them. I would really appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction so I could at least set this thing up and run some examples.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The default fortran compiler that Abaqus looks for is the Intel compiler. There are some posts where people detail how to get it work with other compilers (gfortran mostly). You might want to start looking at those posts, maybe the changes needed to get it to work with the compiler that you are using will be similar. Or you can get the Intel compiler that the help file recommends. Then you wouldn't need to worry about changing any settings.

HTH,
Dan

Han primo incensus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back