Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

belt filter press for dewatering

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodrish

Civil/Environmental
Jun 18, 2012
hii

i need to design a BFP for my project, i really need help cause i don't know where to start at.
first of all assume that 1000kg/day of sludge is enterring the BFP after having passed through the gravity thickener.
now we need to find the amount of BOD, COD and TSS lost, and these amount in the dewatered sludge as well to know its flowrate. cake is also formed and i need to know its flowrate and what to do with it afterwards.
polymer is added in the BFP, how much is needed for the 1000kg/day of sludge. what polymer can used?
since i have to design it, i need to know its structure, like its size, the belt size and so on. if possible can i get pictures with dimension so that i can draw it in autoCAD (front view, top view, cross section view, side view and so on)

thanks for your comprehension,
d.r

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

poodrish....how can you possibly design something for which you apparently have little understanding? Perhaps you could find someone experienced in such design and work with them. You cannot get your design answers from an internet forum.

Not sure that you have enough sludge volume to utilize a belt press. A 1 meter press will do 70 gpm or 1400 lbs/hr ds (635 kg/hr).

You can get the information that you need from the Metcal & Eddy textbook or Komline Sanderson (BPF Manufacturer).

I think there's a misunderstanding here. A Belt Filter Press is a manufacturered item, made by Parkson or Siemens or some supplier. It's very unlikely you're going to design one from scratch. Call one of those companies and they'll put you in contact with a local sales representative. Depending on how much money they smell, they'll help you design it or at least get you some catalogue data.
Isn't there someone around who can help you? This is a pretty big piece of equipment to learn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back