Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Benchmark post processing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedJester

Civil/Environmental
Jul 12, 2015
US
Hey guys, I have been trained through the military for some surveying, but real world experience.

I am trying to establish a benchmark for doing some RTK surveys around out facility. This benchmark will be for internal use only.

Our equipment is rather old, a zephyer geodetic (no gnss), Trimble 5700 receiver, and a Trimble TSC2.

I setup over a point we have installed and cooked the point for around 4 hours. Used survey style fast static. After it was converted to rinex, I sent it to OPUS for post processing. I received this error:

*OPUS could not process the data file that was submitted. The data was either very noisy or it was collected in kinematic mode.*

I am going to try the survey again tomorrow, do you guys have any suggestions to increase my success?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OPUS Rapid Static only needs 15min to 2hr worth of collection data. The OPUS website has since been re-vamped, but at one time you had to choose -S (Static) or -RS (Rapid Static). A longer / larger data set could be causing it to think you are submitting a static dataset and failing to process it as kinematic data.

Also check your collection setting on EPOCHs, OPUS will only process a 30 second collection interval. You can submit more, but it is decimated down to 30sec hits. If you were using a RTK rig, it may be set at 1 or 2sec intervals. Again, it should work since OPUS will decimate the data down but results a way larger data file and might be another source of the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back