Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Best 3D printers for Manufacturing Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjlasota

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2019
US
Good afternoon. I am a program manager at a contract manufacturer and I am putting a project together to acquire a 2nd 3D printer for our facility. I currently have a Markforged X7 and it performs great for our uses. We are mostly using it for form fixtures to check hole positions, form direction verification, and any other complex features that we can't simply do with a pass-thru gage. We're also utilizing the FR material to generate small fixtures to help with welding parts together.
I have not been to a trade show in awhile and sadly don't have much time to get to one in the near future. I'm looking for some ideas on what printers manufactures are finding beneficial to their business to support the manufacturing environment. Either utilizing the same use case that I've highlighted above or different applications. My budget is somewhere between 25-50k. I wouldn't mind getting another Markforged, but would like to know what newer technologies or better technologies are out there to support my use case. Feel free to ask any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back