Best Design for Oil Containment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdcivil21

Structural
Oct 20, 2023
US
Hi all,

I just finished designing an oil containment pit and submitted to IFC, but now I am working through maybe best practices for how I should design in the future.

So, this time we had a custom oil containment with two transformer pads within a single containment. I did a calc in excel to calculate the required size of the oil containment based on the two transformers. Then on top of that, we did a mathcad slab design for each transformer slab. On top of that, we did the overall larger slab (bottom of containment pit) in RisaFoundation. Then, we also did a single retaining wall calc in RisaFoundation to act as the walls of the containment pit. Mostly to check our rebar design. All in all, this is a lot to put together into a calc package.

I was wondering if anyone has any pointers on how I could combine all of this into one calc and eliminate having to separate everything. Is there a better software to use rather than RisaFoundation?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've done numerous containments for transformer oil using a product called Sorbweb that allows water to pass through, but transformer oil causes it to jell and prevent oil to pass. You might want to look at that. It greatly simplified containment design and is quite economical.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back