Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to tap into a signal with an scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick D

Electrical
Jan 16, 2020
US
Hello,

I have a generator that powers an ultrasonic transducer. The connection type is a BNC Female on the gen and BNC Male on the transducer. I am wondering in how it would be the best way to tap into the signal and measure it with an scope. I found these BNC T adapters that have 2 females and 1 male but I am confused in to what impedance to choose. My scope has a 1 M Ohm input impedance and I am using Isolated differential probes. I do not want to use the BNC T of 50 Ohm (or the 75 Ohm) and mess up either the scope, generator, or transducer. This test needs to be non destructive (as an I cannot peel the cable insulation to tap into the core and shield of the coaxial cable) because I am going to be using it for production after the test.

The Tektronix guy suggested a 75 ohm feedthrough terminator but I am unsure in how to use those or how it would affect my signal.

If any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please refrain from double-posting. Didn't you already get an answer in your other posting on these transducers? thread248-462506

You needed signal conditioning then, and nothing has changed since then.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back