Big Bore Luer-Lock Thread Dimensions? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helepolis

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2015
IL
Hi all,

Looking for dimensions of a big-bore female luer-lock thread.

I need to implement the thread on a CAD I'm working on.

Thanks,
SD

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Might get a better answer if you were a bit more precise. How "big" is a big-bore leur-lock thread arrangement? Roughly 75% of ALL leur lock applications are for 3 mm (0.12 inch) diameter. And no - in my line of work that is not a "big" diameter: I tend to see things measured in (multiple) meters.

Converting energy to motion for more than half a century

[URL unfurl="true" said:
https://www.sedgeochem.uni-bremen.de/luer%20connector.html#:~:text=the%20female%20piece%20typically%20has,of%20its%20length%20(5mm).[/URL]]This is not an official reference document ! For a proper description of the luer lock standard please refer to ISO 594-2(1998), ISO 80369 or DIN / EN 1707:1996 or newer standards, which are all based on the original patents of H.A.Wülfing-Lüer. His wife Jeanne Amélie Lüer most likely invented the luer slip connection in the late 19th century (first syringe patent: FR 242646, 1894, US Patent US 583382 from 1897..) and the rotating cap luer lock standard is based on a publication by A.Ravin from 1952.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back