Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bitmaps in DWG Editor "disappear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ral72

Materials
Sep 16, 2005
US
Using SW 2008, SP3; A newer computer with 2GB CPU, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Quadro FX560 video card. Video drivers and Windows Updates are all up to date.

Hmmm, where to begin. I'm in an Engineering Dept. with 9
other engineers. We currently have 3 licenses of AutoCAD R14, and we use Solidworks 75-80% of the time. I'm seriously thinking about whether or not I will need to buy a few seats of ACAD 2007 because of the following issues:

1. In DWGEditor 2008, if a drawing contains an image (bitmap, tiff, etc.) and I work in the drawing, then click "zoom extents", the bitmaps are no longer visible. However, if I save, close, and re-open, the bitmaps are there. However, there are A LOT of 2-D drawings that I work in that contain bitmaps or other images, so this is a major headache. I've spoken with my SW reseller several times, and all I get is "work-arounds." Basically, it seems like no effort is made to correct any DWG Editor issues.

2. In DWGEditor, if I delete items, it will arbitrarily delete lines or other objects that I haven't chosen. Occasionally, the unchosen object that gets deleted will be a bitmap, but it can also be text in the title block, lines in the drawing, etc.

So here are my questions:

1. Has ANYONE else had issues with image objects in DWG Editor? I can't imagine that I'm the only one who has run into this.

2. Would buying a couple seats of ACAD 2007 remedy the situation? Does anyone with ACAD have experience in working with inserted images without any problems?

Thanks,
Rodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back