Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Installation manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielHowden

Industrial
Feb 3, 2013
GB
I am trying to install SW 2013 and all I get is a blank installation manager. It worked fine until I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7, now I can't install SW which means I cannot work.

Please help.

Daniel.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, thanks for your reply. My HDD failed so I lost everything that I didn't back up, so at least I have my data. This must be a common problem as a lot of people seem to have it. No-one seems to have a solution however.

Cheers Daniel.

Daniel,

With all due respect, what makes you think this is a common problem? A search of this forum yields little relating to your problem.

If your hard drive failed then you are hopefully making a clean installation onto a new hard drive. If you are doing this from a legitimate DVD then you should be having no problems.

The most plausible issue is the version of SWX2013 for your OS, 32 or 64-bit, as CBL suggested. The SWX disks are marked with their bit version.

Did your reinstallation Windows 7 have any problems?

- - -Updraft

Hi Updraft, thanks for your reply, When I searched the internet I found that there were a lot of posts on forums regarding this very problem but no-one had a solution that worked. I am horrified to have this problem now myself.

I am using the original DVD and I use the 32 bit version the same for Windows 7, didn't have any problems installing that.

CorBlimey, I have tried that link in my efforts to scan the Internet for the answer but it didn't help.

Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Daniel.

I agree with CBL.
You need to contact your VAR. They will send you a new license file.
A new Windows install will need it.

Any search for a problem will find a lot of results for that problem. It doesn't mean it's a common problem.

Chris
SolidWorks 13
ctopher's home
SolidWorks Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back