Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niallc

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2002
BE
Is there any way to export a feature (hole,cut...)as a block in a solidworks drawing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure I understand what you want.
So I'll answer the question I think you meant to ask.
Which is: "How do I export a feature, so I can use it again in other parts?"

This I can answer... Create a simple part and save it.
Then open you FEATURE PALLETTE and DRAG the FEATURE from your FEATURE MANAGER to the FEATURE PALLETTE window.
Then follow the prompts. Basically, that's it.

Let me kow if I answered the wrong question, and I'll try again. "Where oh where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and, phbbbt, you were gone."
Hee Haw [jester]

What I think he's talking about is the blocks (similar to AutoCad Drawings) in SW they are made in drawings.

Instead of exporting a feature (which can’t be done) Why don’t you just make a detail view from the model itself?

I guess you could Ctrl-c the sketch of the feature then paste it in the block in the Drawing....but I think a Detail view will work better.

Regards,
Scott Baugh, CSWP [spin] [americanflag]
credence69@REMOVEhotmail.com

*When in doubt always check the help*

Maybe he's looking to reuse these features in other models? If so, then look up Library Features in SW Help. "The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

Does anyone have any SW Blocks for Section Cuts and Section Titles? I know that I should be using the SW Sections but I was looking for something a bit nicer.

SolidWorks - as a pure drafting package- basically BITES. We all know it gets a little better with each release. I don't know of any better options for you - for nicer section cut lines & titles. But- what I've done for things like revision clouds is to open Word & play with the AUTOSHAPES. Fins something you like, then copy/paste it into SolidWorks. It's ann OLE application, so OLE objects like AutoShapes will work. You might male a scetion cut line there that you like bettrer.

tatej [sub][idea][/sub] usfilter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back