Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blower -> Dust collector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTChunk

Industrial
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi, I've installed a piece of grinding equipment in the factory where I work that has a vacuum bed to hold down the work pieces going into the machine and a dust collector to collect the debris inside the grinding cabinet. The vacuum for the vacuum bed is created by a standalone blower with a hose running to the vacuum bed.
Unfortunately, the output from the blower also has some debris in it and it's causing it to clog the bag filter I've attached to the end of the blower output. Eventually the bag filter will spring a leak, much to my dismay.

I've considered running a hose from the output of the blower into a separate input of the standalone dust collector, but I'm not sure whether it will hurt the dust collection suction of the dust collector. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Andy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not a bad idea I suppose; but in this case the entire vacuum bed needs to be used. I've accepted the debris in the vacuum flow as a fact of life; even if I went to great measures, I still think *some* debris would be in the vacuum flow, and I can't exhaust any debris into the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back