Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen of Death During NX Updates (MR, MP Patches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDETERS

Agricultural
May 1, 2008
US
We are having an issue with our workstations crashing, Blue Screen during NX 11 updates. We have contacted GTAC, they mention a possible Driver issue. We are running HP z230 workstations. I am tossing this out here, to see if any one else has had this issue? All of our components are certified. Any help or a good way to diagnose this would be great.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Done several updates to NX11 on a Z440. No issues there.
Are you installing and updating as Administrator? (Right click-Run as Administrator)

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

SDETERS said:
Blue Screen during NX 11 updates

By "during NX 11 updates", do you mean when you change parameters of features and NX attempts to update the model or "NX 11 updates" as in applying a patch (MR or MP) to NX 11 itself?

When NX crashes unexpectedly, the first place to look is in your log file. Check the most recent *.syslog file in your temporary directory (it is a plain text file); scroll to the bottom and see if there are any error messages there. Even if there are no obvious error messages, the last few actions taken before the crash may provide some insight. Note that there is no NX log file created during the patching process; the installer may create some sort of log file of its own, but I'm not sure about that.

www.nxjournaling.com

It is during installing MR and MP patches, not 3d Model Updates. Sorry did not think in the modeling terms of updating the 3D model.

So what you are saying is that when you run the "ugs_update.bat" , you get blue screen ?
- do you use the .bat file or the .exe ?

I always, since i always have multiple versions of NX installed, start the version-corresponding command prompt, and then in that window run the "ugs_update.bat"
This way I am quite certain that the files are copied to the correct directory.
( i have been doing this for some years by now, the updates of today might have protection against this problem.)

Regards,
Tomas

We have ran it both ways. Same results. We have a small script our IT department can push out to all machines. We have been having this issue for a while now. We used Robo copy to get around this issue for a bit.
Thanks for feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back