Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluebeam 2018 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Celt83, we've updated to 2018.5.0, but that didn't help either. a lot of lock-ups and crashes. Pulling my hair out. Almost ready to downgrade to 2017[thumbsdown]

Anyone on version 2019 yet, they seem to be saying they have fixed many of the rendering issues...

I've installed it on one of my laptops as I had 2018 new license purchased less than 30 days old so was eligible for a free upgrade to 2019. I'm not seeing any of the famed increases in render speed or smoothness though?

This bluebeam video suggests buttery smooth dragging around, and all I see is jerko-vision, content jumping all over the screen rendering the page at point where I stop dragging the window around (more like the 2017 version in the video).

I realise it just came out but has anyone else had any success with 2019 improving things? Maybe I'm just failing to see a setting or something.

Not likely we will be upgrading because of the 2018 fiasco and more so how it was handled.

Working thru all those past issues their higher level support techs indicated the performance was closely tied to what .Net version was installed on your machine. If you haven't already see if installing the latest package for that helps anything.

Open Source Structural Applications:

Pretty sure it installs it as part of the install package, but I'll take a look. I pretty much skipped over bluebeam 2018, but with new laptop came new license and presumably latest version of .net with latest windows.

I'm kind of used to the completely different interface now. At least its not any slower for me than 2017 was. However I was looking forward to that buttery smoothness they tempted me with.

I fail to believe I need some supercomputer to get equivalent smoothness to Adobe, which renders near perfectly on the same hardware.

Polling the masses here, anybody on 19.0 yet? Any issues? We have a few licenses that will be expiring soon, have the option to upgrade for a few more days but would hate to get people locked into a version that needs a patch.

----
just call me Lo.

Yeah, pretty much the same as 2018 as far as I can tell from using it for a couple of months. Though there are a few nice improvements like the dynamic fill tool for measuring areas and built in typical scales when calibrating scales on a drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back