Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluebeam Revu 2018 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenno

Structural
Feb 5, 2014
AU
Anybody else finding Bluebeam is much slower after upgrading from 2017 to 2018?

(Also slightly annoyed they changed all the icons... I spend half my time looking for certain tools on the palette)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yes you are not alone. I have found Revu 18 to be a universally worse product than the previous versions.
On my machine I found these 2d rendering settings to work best:
rendering engine: Advanced (Skia)
rendering mode: Wait for completion
_ Enhance thin lines
x Disable Line Weights
X Fill Anti-Aliasing
X Blend Modes
_ CMYK Color Calibration

It also extremely sensitive to what version of .Net you have installed on your machine we've had a lot of people with whole pdfs that just fail to render in Revu 18 until we install a specific .Net version.

Open Source Structural Applications:

Link

Don't know if this helps at all?

I found going from 2016 to 2017 quite a slowdown on the same hardware with respect to rendering. Really good way to cripple a good product by making it monumentally slow at rendering. I find things like printouts of complex spreadsheets from excel with charts and plenty of cell borders and fill excruciatingly slow for some reason. Used to pop-up within microseconds in 2016, now can take up to 20 seconds to display.

Yet to upgrade to 2018....

I find it funny they are releasing articles on how to speed up the performance of their own software.

For me I don't think it's even a rendering issue; even on 10 page text documents I get unbearable lag trying to scroll through the document.

I'm yet to find a benefit of upgrading to 2018...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back