Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM acting very strangely :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBasniak

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2001
BR
Hello people... :)

Well, new year new troubles :) I'm experiencing a problem with BOM in SW2004 SP1: I create the BOM, then I make some operations, ie Print Preview, and then... SW double my BOM size adding another copy of each item in the BOM :-( And he continues doing that indefenitely, after 5min working in the drawing I have a really looooooooooong BOM :( And there's another trouble, my quantity field in the BOM isn't filled... I tried to use one of the BOM templates that comes with SW, there the field is filled, the I tried to modify it to my needs, but if I change one single letter in the xls file and save the quantity isn't filled anymore. I have no idea of what may be the cause of these problems. :-( The most strange is that I work in 3 diferent places and the other 2 don't seem to have those kind of problems...
Any idea?

Best Regards,
Rodrigo Basniak

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried a fresh install of SW04 & SP1? Maybe a file was, or has become, corrupted. Not sure, but you may be able to do a repair using SW04 disc.
If you do a fresh install, make sure all traces of SW are removed from the computer. Check in the "SolidWorks Clean Install" section of the FAQs link at top of page.

[cheers]
CorBlimeyLimey
Barrie, Ontario
faq559-863

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back