BOM Balloons & Simplified Reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit77

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2017
US
Hi Everyone ,

Is there a way we can save parametric BOM balloons from getting deleted, While switching reps.

For Eg-
Case 1 -If in drawing “X” I have Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” called out on sheet 1. I want to create a new sheet i.e. sheet 2 in drawing “X” which is quite similar to sheet 1 with minor BOM components change & for sheet 2 I will create a new simplified rep “Drawing_sheet2” in CAD, by doing save a copy of Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” , again which is similar to sheet 1 rep but with minor BOM components change. In print I will do save a copy of sheet 1,which will save a lot of time of course. Now in sheet 2 I have to change the Simplified rep to be called out as “Drawing_sheet2” while changing rep CREO deletes all the BOM balloons.

Is there a way out to save the BOM balloons while changing the reps.

Case 2 -If in drawing “X” I have Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” called out on sheet 1. I want to create a new sheet i.e. sheet 2 in drawing “X” which is similar to sheet 1 with no BOM components change & for sheet 2 I will create a new simplified rep “Drawing_sheet2” in CAD, by doing save a copy of Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” , again which is similar to sheet 1 rep with no BOM components change. In print I will do save a copy of sheet 1,which will save a lot of time of course. Now in sheet 2 I have to change the Simplified rep to be called out as “Drawing_sheet2” while changing rep CREO deletes all the BOM balloons.

Thanks..Lalit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Short answer: No, you can't retain the balloons.

Longer answer: BOM Balloons are linked to repeat regions. A repeat region shows an output from an evaluation function which operates on a given model structure. Changing the representation in a model view is changing to a different model structure, so the repeat region evaluation no longer applies, which is why the balloons go away. It doesn't matter if the components are the same, Creo starts a new repeat region evaluation from the top of the replacement representation and has no structure to retain the old evaluation.

The most reliable method is to create symbols that act as balloons and are not tied to a repeat region.

Hey Dave ,

Thanks much for your suggestion.

one more question- In order to save BOM balloons while changing reps,Can we customize CREO to save BOM balloons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back