BOM Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit77

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2017
US
thread554-428069
Please refer my earlier thread.(one suggestion to my problem is to convert bom balloon to symbols)
By converting bom balloons to symbols & independent of repeat region, how I will make sure that every time I update my assembly BOM correct bom item number is tied to bom balloon.is there any way to figure this out?

or any other suggestions to my problem-

Is there a way we can save parametric BOM balloons from getting deleted, While switching reps.

For Eg-
Case 1 -If in drawing “X” I have Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” called out on sheet 1. I want to create a new sheet i.e. sheet 2 in drawing “X” which is quite similar to sheet 1 with minor BOM components change & for sheet 2 I will create a new simplified rep “Drawing_sheet2” in CAD, by doing save a copy of Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” , again which is similar to sheet 1 rep but with minor BOM components change. In print I will do save a copy of sheet 1,which will save a lot of time of course. Now in sheet 2 I have to change the Simplified rep to be called out as “Drawing_sheet2” while changing rep CREO deletes all the BOM balloons.

Is there a way out to save the BOM balloons while changing the reps.

Case 2 -If in drawing “X” I have Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” called out on sheet 1. I want to create a new sheet i.e. sheet 2 in drawing “X” which is similar to sheet 1 with no BOM components change & for sheet 2 I will create a new simplified rep “Drawing_sheet2” in CAD, by doing save a copy of Simplified rep “Drawing_sheet1” , again which is similar to sheet 1 rep with no BOM components change. In print I will do save a copy of sheet 1,which will save a lot of time of course. Now in sheet 2 I have to change the Simplified rep to be called out as “Drawing_sheet2” while changing rep CREO deletes all the BOM balloons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back