Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM Balloons 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2002
NZ
Hi again,

Todays question relates to creating associative BOM Balloons. Any ideas on how this can be done? I am using 2000i. If they could work kinda like a leadre that would be brilliant. Perhaps I can do it by changing the display of the leader information.

Cheers

Hayden

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can make a new dimension style that has "draw frame around text" or "Primary dimension" check box checked. Then Autocad will draw a box around the text. It's not a balloon, but is all Autocad can do by itself. Sorry about the abmiguity of this post but I do not remember the SETVAR name that does this...

Just found the setting. Do setvar dimgap. Set the dimgap to negative whatever it is now. The next dimensions will have a box around the text.

AutoCAD Mechanical uses a combination of methods. When items are ballooned, it creates a hidden block (on a hidden layer) that has all of the item attributes. They are programmatically recalled to create stocklists, whatever...The balloons are tied to them by xdata (attributes of an object that are only obtained programmatically).
If you have any programming experience, you could create xdata for each balloon as you create them also. An idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back