BOM Export with Multiple Configurations /Common Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRepeteur

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2023
US
Yo,

Hope everyone's week is going strong, I just had a question about BOM's.

In Solidworks, I have an assembly with around 10 configurations. Most of these configurations contain common and uncommon parts. I was wondering if any one could maybe direct me on how to create a table that contains my configurations and then the quantity used in that config for each specific part in the entire assembly? An example is below...

BoM_Example_da1bbt.jpg

Let me know if you can help, also if you can tell me the name of this type of BoM, it would be GREATLY appreciated as I've been looking for hours but can't come up with a proper term for it.

Cheers,
LR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

EDIT: I figured out how to get the quantities to show but am having trouble showing the different configurations. See below for example...

bom_bcveqg.png

To be clear, I'm looking for the where it says QTY to say the configuration name or to be more similar to my picture above...

Cheers,
LR

LeRepeteur,

I hope you are not using the Excel BOM.

The regular SolidWorks BOM will create a quantity column for each configuration you are interested in.

--
JHG

Try double-clicking the column header and I think you can select it there.

I use equations in my BOM to pull certain config or custom properties into the BOM using a nested If statement but not in the QTY column.

QTY_Column_xxf6hd.jpg

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Mechanical Engineer
Ciholas

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Jboggs,

Click on your BOM. In the Bill of Materials window, expand Configurations. Click on the configurations you want on your BOM.

--
JHG

"Click on your BOM. In the Bill of Materials window, expand Configurations. Click on the configurations you want on your BOM."
I got that same advice in another thread, and just tried it again. We're running SW2023. The only option I have under Configurations in the Bill of Materials window is a drop-down menu that allows me to select one, and only one, configuration. I see no "click boxes" or other method to choose more than one configuration.

Is this a new-for-2023 thing? The assembly and the assembly drawing were both created in previous SW versions, but I'm looking at them in SW2023. Would that make a difference?

I found it! In Options > Document Properties > Tables > Bill of Materials. This little select box:

BOM_Config_box_dheytp.png

Deselecting that box enables multiple BOM quantity columns headed by configuration names (but only on top-level only BOM's).

Eureka! [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back