Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM label in QTY column

Status
Not open for further replies.

pejaer

Bioengineer
Aug 4, 2008
US
Dear All,

I am hoping someone can tell me where SW gets/controls the data to populate the title over the QTY column in a BOM? I tend to use configurations a lot, and I mention this because when using multiple configurations, SW adds the configuration name on the QTY column, which can be helpful at times, but sometimes not. See attached PDF to help your understanding....I understand that the info gets pulled over from my configuration name (or description?), but I've never been able to figure out how to turn this off (so the column says only QTY)....yeah, sure I can delete the extra text, but call me a control freak. The other puzzling thing is that there is extra info sometimes.....like the example shows in the BOM, there is a reference to 20 tpi with has to do with threading, which this part has none. I can imagine that this "20 tpi" came from one of my parts, but is is not this one specifically. How this got there is a mystery, unless it is saved into my BOM template somehow (but I usually do not get this info....so doubtful).

I figure there is a toggle button somewhere in "options" to update this or flip it off....any info is appreciated to how this is done.

Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aefdc1a1-f897-4dcf-93a5-882c6bd6d58c&file=BOM_qty_title_confusion.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried to double click the blue bar above that column header and see what property you are linked to? It should be linked to a property, most likely its connected to your configuration and within your configuration there is a description. Which can be different than the configuration name.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Check your BOM Template. We had a user today that had accidently saved a Bom Template and now all his BOMs would always have the same part called out in the qty column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back