Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM showing incorrect info

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodtruant

Materials
Jul 22, 2011
I have a custom property set up for each of my parts to show Material, and another to show which machine the part gets cut on.

Obviously different configurations could have a different material and/or machine.

More times than not, when I insert a BOM to my assembly, it displays incorrect info for the machine and material. If I open the specific part, then close it (without saving), then refresh the BOM it shows up correct.

It's very scary to think that these could be sent out to our shop with the incorrect info on them. And very frustrating to open hundreds of parts a day just to refresh the BOM.

What could I be missing? I've tried shutting down solidworks and then reopening the model with the BOM in it, and it does not update. I've checked the config properties to make sure it's not picking up incorrect info.

I've attached an example of what I'm getting. The first two items in blue have been opened then closed, and shows the correct material. The second two, in red, still show the incorrect material. As you can see in the tree it shows the correct info, but not updated in the BOM until I open the part and close it.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure the Automatic update of BOM is selected at Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Bill of Materials, and also make sure to resave the part, assembly & drawing document templates to capture that setting for all new documents.

Just checked, auto update is(and was) on for the part/assembly/drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back