Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOMS & Configs & Derived Configs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMango

Mechanical
May 1, 2001
US
SW09 SP3.0 Pro x64

I have a top-level assy with 15 parts and 2 sub-assys. One sub-assy has 4 Configs.

The top-level assy has 6 Configs. Each Config has 7 Derived Configs. That gives 48 total Configs in the BOM.

When I insert the SW BOM into the drawing, the QTY column header displays the dash number associated with the various Configs, but they are out of order. I have tried RMB on the header and selected various methods under Sort, but with no luck. I would like the columns with Configs to be in order from -01 to -48. Any suggestions?

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try holding the Alt key then click on BOM. Under "Item Numbers" pick "Follow assembly order".

Standing
SolidWorks Pro 2009 x64, SP3.0, PDMWorks Workgroup, SolidWorks BOM,
HP xw8600, 64-bit Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 1
Intel Xeon CPU, 3.00 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Virtual memory 166682 MB, nVidia Quadro FX 4600

Thanks, it is not the order of Rows that is the issue, but rather the order of Columns that define the various Configs in the BOM.

Hmm... works now. It was the first thing I tried and it wasn't working. Mayhap I failed to select the Alpha Cell. Thanks CBL.

Anyone care to offer up a reason why I even need to do this in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back