Bond strength - slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsk

Geotechnical
Feb 12, 2017
NZ
Hi,

When modelling soil nails in Slide software, is the "Bond strength" input the interaction between bar-grout or soil-grout?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are looking for Slide to give you a safety factor, then you probably are entering allowable soil properties and soil nail properties. Your global safety factor should be between about 1.3 and 1.5 depending on your particular project and whether the wall is temporary or permanent.

Hi dtsk. I would advice you to use other programs if you want to check the global stability, for example RS2 from rocscience, or plaxis. They are more precise and they have better simulation abilities than slide does since they use FEM and they have the option for a 3d simulation as well. :)

Every soil nail program that I have used is a global/slope stability program. The programs calculate global stability with the added soil nails. I'm not sure why you would need to run two different analyses - one for soil nails and another for global stability.

PEInc,
Do you not like the software Slide 2D (Rocscience), or do you not like the limit equilibrium approach.
What software do you recommend for a complete analysis of soil nail walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back