Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boolean practices - Assemble vs Add/Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzhee

Automotive
Jul 12, 2022
DE
Hi everyone,

I'm curious how everyone is using boolean functions. I'm a fresh Catia user and learner around a year experience and I started using boolean at my current job.
I was on a training where I learned the multibody method and it's pros/cons and the operations which it uses.

I know what I can and cannot do with boolean but I'm more curious on which method most people use.

Assemble or Add/Remove?

When I learned about Body polarity I started using the assemble everywhere and used Remove only on complex bodies made with surface.
My colleagues usually use mixed operations, assemble here, remove/add there, union trim, etc.

What's your best practice, and why do you recommend your choice?

Thanks,
Wuzhee

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello, all those bln operations has certain purpose, there is no better or worse operations. It also depends on project which you are actually working at. In many projects I was using "REMOVE" but in some VAG models they want us to use "Pocket" operation. But remember: try to leave your assemblies with no "Death bodies" in it, they never help anybody who will work after you. If nobody make pressure on you, use what's faster and more effective for you - but know all of them on the same level.

Regards,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back