Bottle Headspace Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiltonConnor

Petroleum
Oct 28, 2020
IN
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my head around a chemical engineering problem and was hoping someone could advise me on how to solve it.
I have a closed soft drink bottled at 5g/L of CO2 with known temperature, headspace pressure, headspace volume and liquid volume. I want to work out the maximum pressure that would be exerted on the cap from the headspace if the bottle was heated to 70°C. I'm not sure what the best way to approach this is, 1) should I determine the volume reduction in the headspace from the liquid expansion and then work out how this changes the headspace pressure from an EoS? 2) Would I then also need to work out any further pressure increase from CO2 dropping out of solution and trying to reach equilibrium or would this not contribute to the headspace pressure, rather the headspace pressure determines how much of the CO2 is dissolved within the liquid?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All of Milton's posts are like this.

10.0.0.1 is a private IP Address used by router manufacturing companies as the default IP Address to access the Admin Panel. It belongs to Class A of the private IP addresses and just like any other reserved private IP address, you can access the login page for your private router control panel through 10.0.0.1.

192.168.l.254 is a private Class C IP Address that is assigned as a default gateway address to login the admin panel of router.

I found those exact links (onl and mx suffixes) on in another badly formed question that just tails off and never follows up.

It may be a failed bot software that has a list of marketing links; many of the posts do refer to companies unrelated to the question asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back