Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bottom align the text in a cell with wrap text turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon4life

Electrical
Feb 4, 2004
US
Is there a way to have Excel bottom align the text in a cell with wrap text turned on? When I change the alignment in a cell with wrap turned, the text location only changes by the height of a single row of text rather than aligning the last row of text to the bottom of the cell.

The screenshot below shows an example where both wrap text and bottom align are turned on, but the text is not actually bottom aligned. I the lower row, I turned off word wrap and the alignment then goes to the bottom.
bottom_align_dd8zed.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you double click on the column and row dividers to get the best fit, what you'll find is that it gets sized for how excel thinks it will print rather than making it show correctly on the display.

I’ll see your silver lining and raise you two black clouds. - Protection Operations

I am only interested in the last lines of text, and just want the first several lines hidden by turning on bottom align. Some of the cells contain lots of text, so reformatting the row height would make it so I can only see 1-3 rows at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back