Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boundaries from a solid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiasimo

Marine/Ocean
Mar 27, 2004
ES
hi all, I am trying to extract a boundary from a solid and I'm finding quite a lot of dificulties. it does the boundary of face, bot doesn't do tangent continiuty boundaries. is that normal?.

Also after extracting some faces of solids or complex surfaces, sometimes, i cannot use their edges independently for crating a boundary curve or extract, the boundary just come complete and a portion of it cannot be extracted, nor the points used.... kind of weird???,

Thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would need to see the solid. When I just tried it, I selected Extract, Tangent Continuity, and selected a face of the solid and it extracted all faces that were tangent continuous to the face I selected.

On the second point, if the solid used some surfaces that were Joined using the Federate option, you are seeing the correct behavior. Even though you can see the boundaries between different cells of the surface, CATIA treats it as one continuous surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back