Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boundary Conditions Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPFREITAS

Mechanical
Sep 13, 2012
BR
Hi guys... I would like to ask some technical questions about Solidworks Simulation. If I have to apply one displacement how a boundary condition in my model, is it possible? Because I saw only body loads and force loads in the interface. I used to apply this condition in others softwares like Femap with Nastran. Other question is related with rigid element. Can I find this element in the Simulation library ? Thanks…

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi.
Displacements are not found under loads, this is a fixture in SW.
You can for example use the "use reference geometry" fixture and specify a translation.

I saw it in Simulation Professional...
In the window that has load definition, for SW Simulation Professional, has displacement boundary too.
Am I wrong?

Well, I have Sim Professional and in the loading folder there are only force, pressure et.c.
You have the remote load option, but this is not the same as a displacement BC.

To put a displacement BC you go inte fixtures, select for example "on flat faces" and then set the "normal to face" to a value above or below 0

I will explain to you what I have to do. I have a model made with beam elements. With them I can see the displacements in the results. So, I need to study some regions. In these regions I make parts of model withplate elements and in the extremes of plate model I link the nodes to other node with rigid element and in the node I use the displacement obtained in the beam model to analyze local results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back