Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Braided Hose SS304 High Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortmceng

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2008
CA
I am looking to purchase some flexible hose which are to be used in high pressure application (600 psig) at high temperature (700 deg F). Material of construction required is SS304 Corrugated with SS304 Double Braided. I am not sure if an hose for such a high pressure application would be available in the market. Does anyone know if such kind of flexible hose is available in NA market.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, they are available, the pressure rating will depend on size of hose and wall thickness, which will affect bend radius. Also, the temperature (700F) is not the best for type 304 material, suggest 321 instead.

Not that you buy it from here, but check McMaster-Carr, - search for braided hose, should be the 1st pages that pop up.

btrueblood is correct. HP flexible hoses for high pressure were the norm when transferring high pressure (3,000 psig) gases from tube trailers to consumers back in the 1960's. I know they're still around because the applications don't go away. Try going to such web sites as the following:

Your operating temperature is high; however, as btrueblood states, an alloy change may be all that's required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back