Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Break lines in an isometric view

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanzi

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2013
US
I have an assembly that I'm trying to show an exploded view of. It only has 6 main parts and some screws to hold everything together but one of the components that I want to show is a very long hose that has a special attachment on the end of it. Is it possible to add break lines that only shorten the length of the hose? It seems that the normal break lines act in 2D even when I'm using them on an isometric view.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right, Break lines will not work. But, is there another way to show that there is a break in a long part so that I can still show what is attached on the end?

You can use a Configuration.... make a Configuration of the Part\Assembly making the part shorter showing what is connected at the end and just use that Configuration in the ISO view... that would work fine... done that a thousand times showing different setups.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

If you use both a horizontal and a vertical break line, you can break an Isometric view. I break vetically first, to fit the space, then break horizontally thru the middle of the breaks. Sylvia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back