Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breaking/Decoupling Buried Pipeline Modeling Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

elang0412

Mechanical
Jun 14, 2016
ID

I experienced a problem with my buried pipeline model. The problem is on the soil modeler. Due to my model having a length of 23 km and, the soil springs generated are seems to be over the limit of the nodal number CAESAR II can handle. So when i run the soil modeler, CAESAR II displayed an error message and it asked me to break the model into parts and use "LARGE" input.

I already read some discussion in this topic (breaking model or decoupling)and my question is:

1. When i break a model into 2 seperate parts, suppose a 10-1000 nodes model, into Part A: from node 10-500, and Part B: from node 500-1000, what input do i have to insert in node 500 on Part B? Is it the displacement, or restrain forces, or internal forces, or all of them (from node 500 on Part A)?

2. What coordinate system does the restrain force input and initial displacement input is working on? Is it local or global?

By the way, i am a fresh graduate and still learning to use CAESAR II properly, so I really appreciate any help from forum members.

Thank you.

Elang Satya
Junior Pipeline Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back