Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridge Barrier Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetescamilla

Structural
Dec 8, 2006
US
Hello,

I have been given the task to design the barrier for the bridge I am working on and this is the first time I have actually had to go through the design process of the barrier. The state I previously lived only required to call out the barrier standard applicable and then incorporate that into your drawings.

I know that at some point I found a good barrier design example but have seem to either misplaced the pdf or printout that I made for myself. Does anyone have such a thing or know where it can be found online? I would like to make sure there is nothing I am missing on my checks.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

FHWA has an old example from one of their participant notebooks. It would take awhile for me to find the exact name of it but I have never been able to find a copy w/o going to my alma mater and digging it up. However MnDOT has a good example. I attached it for reference.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8c972701-f2e1-4e81-8f8a-f74b6d3fd683&file=BridgeRailing.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back