Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bridge Edge beams and Parapet fixings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElinE

Structural
Apr 3, 2000
SE
I am collecting information about technical solutions of the bridge edge beam and the parapet fixing in other countries. First and foremost in countries with similar climate as in Sweden.<br>If you know anything about any national standard or code for the above mentioned bridge elements, or who I can get in touch with to learn more about it, pleace write to me!<br><br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sir,
Ministry of Surface Transport(MOST), Govt. of India has published standard drawings for the skew deck slabs upto 60 degree with edge beams on either side. you may consult &quot;Indian Road Congress&quot; for more details.
yours sincerely,
vidya sagar
[sig][/sig]

What exactly are you looking for with regard to the parapet and edge beams. If you are interested in standards and codes then start with the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officals (AASHTO) standard specifications for the design of highway bridges. Also, many states here in the US have there own bridge manuals and specific treatments of the subject matter. For your climate I would suggest some of the norther states like Minnesota, Michgan, New York and so on. The Federal Highway Association (FHWA) is another place for information and that website will list all the state websites. [sig][/sig]

Welcome to Canada, The Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO) has published standard designs known as &quot;structural standard drawings&quot; the ssd's provide details for various performance level barriers. The current designs are based on crash-tests performed by AASHTO. More recent revisions of the ssd's include stainless steel reinforcement for barrier walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back