Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bridge pier question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsli001

Civil/Environmental
Mar 1, 2008
HK
Hi guys:

I am need to doing construction business, not to mention structtural. I have just received a site photo. As shown on the attached photo in link below can anyone identify what is back object surrounded by the re-bar? in what construction stage they put up the object?

Thanks

Tsli001

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The object behind the rebar is the inside of a concrete form, like an EFCO form. This back form is for the inside wall of the concrete object. Another form will slide over this to create the outside face of the concrete object.

If this is for a bridge pier it looks to be part of a precast, segmental unit that will be combined with many ohters (post-tensioned together) to form a tall bridge pier. That said, I do not see any P/T ducts installed as of yet. It's not a cast-in-place form as there is no reinforcing steel extending out of the floor into the form.

As to what stage this is it appears to be early in process of precasting as only the inside form and some rebar is set. The spacers are also present ot make sure there is the correct clear cover on the inside and outside faces.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back