Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bringing in DWG files w/ Convert to 3D command

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Mechanical
Feb 27, 2006
US
Has anyone used this command at length? My issue is that the DWG file produces a profile with many, many disconnected elements that require a lot of rework to close up for extruding, etc. Is there a trim setting, like what is available with SW, when I bring in an DWG to automatically take care of this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This will not completely fix your problem but you can make use of the "Relationship Assistant" in the sketch environment. This way you can easily add dimensions and relationships to the profile. You will find it under tools..dimensions. You will then be able to see what elements need rework.

P.S. Don't place to many relationships and dimensions at once. It takes some processing power.

Solid Edge V18 SP5 on WinXP SP2

That's a good tool that I've never used until you recommended it. I'm still holding on hope for a "trim" tool that will trim the 2D entities when they are brought in to SE.

Toffeet; I want to take a moment to thank you for your help in recent weeks, it seems that you're always lending advice and answers to my silly questions.

Hi ZISSOU,

It's only a pleasure and your questions is by no means "silly". It's a continuous learning process for all of us and my only wish is that more SE users would use this forum and share their knowledge.

Solid Edge V18 SP5 on WinXP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back