Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

British Fastener Cross Reference 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNMORRIS

Aerospace
Apr 5, 2005
US
I am looking for information on two British standard fasteners: SP80 and SP71. I need to try to cross reference to an NAS, MS, etc, fastener. Anyone know where I may be able to cross reference these fasteners or at least find some information about the SP fasteners? Thanks in advance.

John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Those are both BAE specs, 71 is in the SP68 to 71 spec and 80 is in SP77 to 80. I have a SRM that indicates MS20426AD is a suitable sub for SP71 and MS20470AD is suitable sub for SP80. Note these are not cross refs, just suitable subs. Sorry I don't know where you can get a copy of the specs.

Nothing on cross-referencing but both rivets are made from L86 (2117-T4) material. The SP71 being a solid 100-degree countersink and the SP80 being a solid Protruding head. They are intended to replace rivets made from L37 (2014 T4) removing the need to store in the fridge before installation.

I am also looking for a suitable substitution for the SP80 fastener. I have ordered the spec from IHS but would like to know which SRM's give the MS20470AD rivet as a suitable sub?

The SRM I referred to is a US Navy pub for the T-45, I don't know if it is publicly available or not. It wouldn't cover any other platform anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back