BTL2800 '95 gas cabinet freezes intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

BacMetalService

Industrial
Aug 3, 2021
LV
Hi everyone!

One of our old ladies is driving me mad.
During cutting or even standby, front panel for gas cabinet freezes and HV gets turned off.
I have tried everything - replaced radiator in HV cabinet, replaced front panel with mainboard for gascabinet and for 2 days we were working fine. Then, the problem returned.
Sadly I can not debug this system in any way to find the trigger for such behaviour.
Anyone have experienced such behaviour?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for quick reply!
Sadly, it was the latter - during piercing, i saw "spaghetti" in tubes and during visual inspection - tiny traces of oil in tubes. Gas chroma will reveal the source, but my bet is either vacuum or turbo. Turbo was not noisy or vibrating, so probably old seals or something like that. Now we will have long road ahead of us, cleaning this mess up.

it's very rare for oil to migrate from the turbo or vacuum pump. If there's issues with the valves and restrictors that control the pressure in the turbo, it could push oil into the resonator cavity. Is anything low on oil? Spaghetti is usually moisture.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

100% agree with you on this one. Especially since the vacuum test passed without loosing a single mbar in over an hour. Turbo looks very good and oil does not get dark. I am also thinking of air supply and previous tech. hiding the fact that there was oil in airlines from scroll compressor. That oil is different colour, though.
Vacuum was getting low on oil after refurbishing - mostly from oil being blown out in a thin mist. I was not convinced by backflow valve in this vacuum either (Leybold SV16). But it is what it is.
Sadly, I am just 3 months in this.
Starting disassembly end of next week after I figure out a clean spot for that. Then we will think of variants of a tech that would adjust mirrors, since most of them have small "spits" of oil. It is wonder, how the machine was cutting properly with all of this.

The results from lab came back - vacuum oil. After seeing that non-return valve on that vacuum I am not a single % surprised. Only when this valve is placed perfectly, it works. Sadly, after refurbishing, it was not ok and results are not fun. We are planning to clean tubes and mirrors as much as we can disassemble and see where it takes us. Hopefully this machine will last until we are ready for another fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back