Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Building peripheral skills for engineering success

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolRose

Mechanical
Dec 9, 2018
IL
In my 16+ years in the mechanical/energy engineering field, I have mentored many engineers.

About two years ago, I started to write some articles on Quora and begin a private newsletter that were aimed at helping younger engineers

Recently, I have begun to put this on to a website and wanted to get some feedback from this group. I know the design could use some improvement, but my initial focus was to have quality material and ease of navigation. Over time, I am sure I will improve some graphics and add some more bells & whistles, but that was not my focus at this time.

I'd love it if you guys could have a look and let me know what you think.

The website is
Thanks,
Sol

--------------------------------------
Sol Rosenbaum, PE, CEM, CPMP
Director, Green & Energy Projects at GRS Group, Mentor to younger engineers in my spare time,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From anther Ivy school grad WAY BACK but then we had to put in 5 years for a BS. They added history, English writing and public speaking among others. That public speaking thing certainly helped me. The added education now needed for a PE also is a good thing. So, even if the job does not require it, forcing oneself to keep active with what is the latest for a PE requirement can only help in many ways. And after that keep on with those courses, lectures, etc. There's one pointer I'd recommend for all engineers. Join your engineering society groups and participate actively. You won't regret it.

I like it! Its layout is nice and the content is good IMO.

It could use proof-reading by a very picky person.

Examples:

On the first page, add a comma before etc.

"Here are 4 non-technical habits..." Spell out any number below 13 in a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back