Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bylaser 2200 start turbine blower problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasa75

Industrial
Sep 25, 2011
RS
Hallo everyone, can someone help me with this issue? The machine is Bystronic Byvention with Bylaser 2200 resonator .Machine is started this morning and in the afternoon there was an alarm:"the turbine blower runs outside the permitted range". In a few minutes after resetting the alarm machine was running again, but not for long-again there was the same alarm. After that, resetting the CNC did not help. After switching the machine off, I can not start it. When the turbine speeds up, on the status bar there is a message "start turbine blower", but instead of few minutes(maybe about 90 seconds is normal), it holds for ever. When I check the status of the vacuum it is normal (about 117 mBar)and the turbine speeds up normally(as I can hear it), but I can not check the frequency. Should I look for problem in the frequency inverter, and what should I check first. The trouble is that Bystronic support does not work over the weekend(as far as I know)and we have some urgent jobs to do.Also, few days ago, I had one of the safety switches on the turbine power supply unit went off. After I switched it on , machine proceeded to work normally.Any thoughts and advices are welcome.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try swapping the digital input output modules in the control rack. Sometimes the inputs stop working. Make sure you set the dipsw for the slot. Had this problem last week w a 4400 watt. I'm assuming it uses the same control as the 4400.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Thanks Chris, yesterday I have started the machine.[pipe]Today machine was running , but on the display of frequency inverter, there is a message:"overcurrent".It is working , but I am concerned about posibille damage to inverter and blower. However, today I have finished the urgent jobs, and reached the Bystronic customer service.Did not get any real help from them yet, but they are working on it...[sleeping2]The voltage meassured between inverter and blower, between phases was about 365V , and on the mains it was about 410 Volts.I will try to do as you told me, but my understanding of E.circuits is limited, so will probably need planty of time and close looking at the electrical diagrams or someone else will do this for me.Thank you again for your tip.
Cheers[medal].

phase failure is good, it means the power was cut to the inverter. It sounds like there's a problem w the signal from the inverter to the control that tells the control the turbo is running. probably one of the digital input modules on your controller. Swap it w another if the problem comes back.

Dear Chris, the problem is with one of the digital signals.But on the frequency inverter, the frequency is set to 290 HZ, and the actual value is between 284HZ and 287HZ. When it is below 286HZ the signal "turbine running at the rated speed" is missing, but the thing is that then turbine does not run at rated speed.In the motor data section i can read that the motor is rated to 18000RPM. Dont know how much lower speed the controller tolerates.I am not shore that I have understood you,should i swap the wires on the inverter inputs -outputs or on the resonator control.

You narrowed it down. Why isn't the inverter running at rated speed? At this point it's hard to say. At this point I would re-initialize the inverter. In one of the menus there is the option to restore to factory defaults. Just familiarize yourself with where language selection is as it will default back to German. HAve you had the cover off the inverter? Do you see any damage near the mains connections?

Latest news from the Turbine:
The inverter output frequency falls below 285 HZ for some reason.Do not see any damage on the inverter inside.Have checked all the parameters and 401 and 402 (401= limit current 1;402 = limit current 2) I have raised them up.As I was increasing them, frequency got higher.Machine worked good, but at the end of the day (second shift yesterday)stopped again.Today I have received parameters from Bystronic ,set them up, after one hour- stop. Increased those two again-It works so far.Those parameters were 22A and 23.7 A, i raised them up to 23.5 and 24.5 ,Bystronic gave me New ones 23 and 24.It looks the inverter should be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back