Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bystar 4020 20mm mild/hardox cutting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmurphy70

Agricultural
Oct 29, 2012
GB
Hello new to this forum,

Hoping someone could help, have started working with the bystronic bystar 4020 at work, All the parameters have been messed about with a lot by previous users so am trying to make a new set to cut from, have got most thicknesses cutting mint even 15mm.

Just when i try cutting 20mm mild or 20mm hardox i am having a lot of problems, the cut looks good on the top half but really rough towards the bottom, some weld and am having to pierce it twice as if i try a first time pierce it shoots back.

Does anybody use the same machine and get good results? if so could i get the parameters that you use for this at they should be close to what i need. The fustration of working it all out is getting to me.

Thanks for your help in advance

Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Thanks for the reply and sorry on my slow reply, Working ridiculous hours at the moment :-\. Its a 4000w Resonator. Zero point is at 40, Have tried -1,-2. Gas ive tried anywhere from 0.3-0.6, Seems a little better with the gas lower but still a horrendous cut. Range of Speeds ive been using are from 500- 650 with varying attempts at power % change.. Ive tried both HK25 Nozzle and NK2520 Nozzles as these are the stated to use. The standard params (Not sure if changed as all others have been) say to cut at 550 with gas at 0.5, power at 75%, This results in a very poor cut, Havig to knock them out with sledge hammer. The beam as it exits the bottom of material seems very scattered not direct like when cutting 15mm (great finish). It can cut great across one line and then on the next it will be very poor at random will stop cutting and bubble up from surface. Any help on this would be great as i dont really have the time or spare material to keep playing about attempting different setups. Thanks a lot .. Jason

How is the incoming gas supply? Are sure you are getting .3-.6 bar? It sounds as if you might have a gas problem where you are getting too much O2. Go to Hand/Manual screen as watch your actual gas pressure as you cut to see if you are getting the correct amount of gas.
-HR

What Henry said plus there's a port in the side of the z axis to put a gauge some cheap auto parts tire gauges screw right in after you take the tire valve adapter off it. Just make sure yo remove the gauge before you let any high pressure in the head or you'll blow it. If you poke around in the root directory of the hard drive you may find a set of original params.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back