Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystar Retrofit With Fiber Laser Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzhi

Industrial
Jul 28, 2020
HK
Efficiency Is Valuable Asset

The CO2 laser has dominated industry in the past. However, this trend could not prevail because fiber laser technology has been on the advance for many years. Your existing machinery is usually still in good condition, but has deficits in its core technology. This is where we start and replace the laser source and the laser head as well as other components and can then use the many advantages of fiber laser technology in the existing system.

Advantages
[ul]
[li]No Change in local conditions[/li]
[li]No Change control system[/li]
[li]Significantly less maintenance[/li]
[li]No Need laser gas (He, CO2, N2)[/li]
[li]Electricity cost reduction by around 50%[/li]
[li]Faster cuts in the thinner area up to 400%[/li]
[li]Maintenance times are reduced[/li]
[li]Keep cutting process parameteres[/li]
[li]Cutting reflective metals, copper, brass[/li]
[li]Maintenance costs saved on average around 40,000 euros per year[/li]
[li]On site implementation, within 3 days[/li]
[/ul]
Efficiency
Picture1_kvnlw0.png

Retrofit Solution
We will install the new fiber laser source, fiber laser cutting head, cooling machine, drag chain, interface controller system and other devices on the original Bystronic carbon laser cutting machine. This solution will retain the advantages of the Bystronic machine, such as excellent dynamic performance, high precision, easy operation, convenient maintenance and so on. We will solve the high maintenance charge of original carbon laser source issues with our technology.
Technical Features
[ul]
[li]Laser Source: Cable laser diodes with low energy consumption[/li]
[li]Active Medium: Doped Ytterbium ions[/li]
[li]Active Fiber: Double coated Fiber cable with Fiber Bragg Grating ( FBG)[/li]
[li]Wave Length: 1.0nm[/li]
[li]Speed: Higher Speed in thin sheets cutting[/li]
[li]Energy Efficiency: >35%[/li]
[li]Optical Path: The Laser Beam is delivered through Cable. No mirrors[/li]
[li]Low Operating Costs.[/li]
[li]Low cost maintenance in the Long run[/li]
[li]Optimum absorption of the beam[/li]
[li]Seamless cutting of Non-ferrous metals and alloys[/li]
[li]Simplified structure[/li]
[li]Environmental conditions do not affect the workflow ( Dust, Vibration, Dust)[/li]
[li]Extended working hours of laser diodes: 100000[/li]
[li]Extra space and an option for laser power upgrade.[/li]
[/ul]

Hi!
3 main questions would arise here:

1. Price of retrofit? I know it depends, but a standard machine case would be fine.
2. Laser safety. Fiber laser is totally different wavelength, so additional precautions must be there. Your thoughts on that?
3. You said - no change in control. Does that mean leaving old DC servo drives and brushed servo motors?

if anyone in the usa in nterested in this, I'll help however I can. Safety is an issue in the USA. right now we're considering protecting the operator, just like in the welding area. I'd protect any operator of a fiber laser, we're going to see lawsuits as the oem enclosures deteriorate.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

In europe, fiber laser must be enclosed fully and behind super expensive green (Bystronic) glass. We have one 4kw fiber that is superb fast, but costs are yet another question. Like owning a new car - service visits are expensive.

The big question is this- Who gets sued when an OEM enclosure fails and someone's eyesight deteriorates? I think fiber lasers should have protected operators.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Well, manufacturers could introduce mandatory shielding glass testing and replacement but then the costs would skyrocket. I am all for not having a protective glass door, but a camera inside the fully closed enclosure. For protective glass price of Bystronic, one can replace a camera every month.
During exhibition i saw Chinese and Turkish fiber lasers with no protection. That beats me.
Also, i am worried about fiber ipg module service life and costs. I bet TCO would not match one of CO2 laser.

Hi, we can provide safety laser filter green glass for customer. In this year, we export many project in different country. Customer give me very good feedback and they want more powerful machine in the future. We already make green glass for customer,so The safety issues is gone. If customer can make a top by themselves. I think it will be amazing machine for them. The retrofit machine can keep the orginal operation method. So the machine operator can work directly. This is really good enough for all customer. Time is money for customer. The little investment but great return.

Li Renzhi |Bystronic Retrofit Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back