Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic 3015 lost cnc 90 software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

majkicrs

Electrical
Aug 22, 2019
RS
Hello,
I have problem with bystronic laser 3015, last week electricity power went out few times and after that cnc 90 software cant start anymore. I doubt that maybe memory on one card in the computer on which is instaled software is cleared after that electricity problem. That is special card who controls drivers. I have try to start software from hard disc and usb but unsuccessfully. Software work in dos mode and machine is from 95'. Does anybody have some idea how to solve the problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've been helping this person off forum. The computer in the CNC-90 series booted from a silicon drive. I sent him the files needed to boot from a floppy. It seems we have the AT computer up now but we are not getting communication with the CNC rack itself. I'll update soon.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

If this subject is still actual, I might pop in my 2 cents - we have a couple BTL2800's with CNC90 and after original pc died, we moved to a new mainboard with 2 RS232 ports, Linux + Dosbox + some config adjustments and now we have full network functionality on our '95 machines that are still running more or less fine. So, if your pc connects to SERCOM and CPU86 cards through RS232 connections, you can retrofit a cheap pc with linux. I could give you linux image that we use.

My latest retrofit for a tube bender was on Raspberry. Works like a charm. My struggle with Bystronic was wrong COM port numbers. Also, if still no communication, client should take a look at CPU386 (or CPU286 for older machines) card to see if that is alive. Forgot the exact led pattern for debugging, but might take a look when I have chance. Also, as a half-step one could attach a CF to IDE adapter to original board and use that for quite some time on original pc instead of that exotic silicon card with battery. It will also boot waaay faster with CF.

This is an MS-DOS CF card image with CNC terminal (NCAT.EXE) autostart for testing out. We used to copy cutting files to LCC folder on that flash, but it requires machine shutdown, so not exactly a great solution. This also works on a cheap Wyse thin client with VIA cpu. They can be had for a couple bucks on local fleamarket.
I am missing that Linux image with Dosbox somehow, but I will take it from running system.

I mapped a network drive through dosbox, but we had to be real careful about what was in that mapped drive. CNC 90 isn't made to browse huge folders with long file names.

I rebuild Bystronic computers, I can't give away all my secrets but I'll share some. :)

I've put a lot of work into it over the last 20 years. My PPC will work with the membrane keyboard. The optical board, I just designed my own version. They're way more user friendly reliable than the bystronic retrofit

computers_qd0deo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back